Friday, July 24, 2009

cha ching!

I scored big time! My family took me out to an auction, where they sell off the unwanted posessions of deceased family members. (Only slightly depressing.) I found a box hidden away on the side with an AMAZING record collection from the 60s and 70s, with exactly 73 vinyls within. I paid $32.50. When I calculated (yes, I'm a dork), it came out to about 45 cents a piece. Quite a bargain I would say. The list of artists includes The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Pink FLoyd, Black Sabbath, Elvis, The Moody Blues, Elton John, The Who, Queen, Billy Joel and many more. This then inspired me to go through my mom's old record collection where I found even more goodies like Cat Stevens, The Carpenters, Simon and Garfunkel, and The Beach Boys. This onslaught of oldies has caused me to fervently update my itunes. Or, I suppose, backdate? Bad pun maybe. This also made me think about some soundtracks that really fit this current musical mood of mine, including the ones for Almost Famous and Dazed and Confused. Both must-sees in my book. Anyway I've discovered a new personal passion and just need to score myself a record player so I don't keep bumming off my friends. Teehee.


No comments:

Post a Comment